Product Liability Claims
A product liability claim can be described as a request for compensation for damages or fatalities suffered by an individual as a result of defectively manufactured products, defectively designed products, improper implementation of products, malfunction of products and negligent medical maintenance and care of products after implementation.
What can you claim for?
- Medical expenses that have already been incurred;
- Potential medical expenses that could be incurred;
- Loss of income suffered due to one’s inability to work or to earn the same level of income prior to the damage caused;
- Potential future loss of income, should you have to retire early or change employment;
- A lump sum for your pain, suffering and loss of amenities/abilities (for example hobbies/ sports that you can no longer do or take part in);
- Loss of support from your family’s primary breadwinner due to the damage;
- Funeral expenses that have been incurred by you for the burial of your spouse, partner or dependant.